Windows Firewall Control 22.214.171.124
Windows Firewall Control is a powerful application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall and provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2012. It is offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click.
Features Of WFC:
- High Filtering – All outbound and inbound connections are blocked. This profile blocks all attempts to connect to as well as from your computer.
Medium Filtering – Outbound connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only the programs that you
allow can initiate outbound connections.
- Low Filtering – Outbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed. The user can block the programs he doesn’t want to allow initiating outbound connections.
- No Filtering – Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
- Intuitive user interface which is easy accessible through a system tray icon.
- Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
- Disable the ability of other programs to add Windows Firewall rules.
- Integrated support of creating, modifying as well as deleting Window Firewall rules.
- Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
- Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Automatically display invalid rules for programs that do not exist anymore.
- Merge multiple similar rules or duplicate existing ones.
- Search for executable files through folders and create new rules in seconds.
- View recently allowed and blocked connections and create new rules from the Security log.
- Import and export of partial sets of rules.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- Global hot keys are supported and various shortcut keys are available.
Registered Users Features:
Notifications System which provides notifications for outbound blocked connections. Four modes available:
- High – Display notifications for all outgoing connections that were blocked, including System as well as svchost.exe.
- Medium – Display notifications only for regular programs, without notifications for System and svchost.exe.
- Low – Automatically allow digitally signed programs. Notifications are displayed only for unsigned programs.
- Disabled – Notifications are disabled.
Create temporary rules which are automatically deleted when they expire or on program restart.
- Windows Firewall is incompatible with software proxies, web filtering modules, NDIS drivers.
- Notifications System is incompatible with old versions of BoxCryptor and TrueCrypt.
- Due to multiple system configurations and software installed there may be incompatibility problems. Please
report them and help us to improve Windows Firewall Control. Thank you for your support !
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5
- Compatible with all x86 and x64 versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2012.
- Windows Firewall service is required to be enabled for Windows Firewall Control to run.
- DNS Client service is required to be enabled for the notifications to work properly.
What’s new ?
- Fixed: During to a failed commit/build, the previous version did not display anything in the Action column. Rules Panel and Connections Log were affected.