Escape Motions Rebelle
Rebelle is an amazing program from Escape Motions. The most realistic watercolor painting is realized in this program. Not only does the result look natural, but also the behavior of the paint, that is, it spreads after the smear, is absorbed by the canvas, for some time it dries. And, the drying speed, wetting brush, flow direction … can be adjusted in the settings. The Rebelle interface is aesthetic, convenient and intuitive. Artists evaluate the program very highly.
Toolbars can be freely moved not only within the program window, but even to be moved beyond it. They can also be completely hidden. You can rearrange the location of elements on some panels.
This panel contains sliders for adjusting the parameters of the active tool. The set of parameters varies from tool to tool. By default it’s a watercolor brush. Under the sliders, in this case, brush bristles are located.
How to draw is selected here. We offer watercolor and oil brush, pastel, pencil, pen, marker, sprayer. And the eraser. As without it! Below the drawing tools are the editing tools:
• Blend. Mixing the paint of one layer.
• Smear. Smearing of paint. It looks like Blend, but it looks rougher and more realistic. With the help of this tool, you can add a picture of the art picture loaded into the program if you try.
• Water. Water. Yes, you can splash on plain water canvas, which will wash the paint and begin to spread in the direction that is set beforehand by the Tilt tool. It looks very realistic.
• Dry. Sponge. It can dry an excessively moistened place. If you accidentally spill water with a previous tool, then you can collect this water with a sponge.
• Undo. Cancel. The last operation.
• Redo. Return to the state that preceded the cancellation.
• Blow. Blowing. If the paint is not completely withered, then this place can blow with this tool and the paint will spread a little more.
• Pick color. Pipette. Take the color of the pixel under the tip of the pipette.
• Tilt. Incline. With this tool, you can specify the direction of flow of paint or water.
• Transform. Transformation. This refers to a layer whose content size is changed by this tool. What is interesting is that the image quality is not lost when the layer is enlarged, pixelation is not observed. This means the modified image is calculated by the formula and is not a bitmap image during drawing.
Navigator. Here are standard zoom tools, which are used only for easy viewing of the canvas.
Palette. Palette. All the color settings. Also quite a standard for graphical editors panel.
Layers.Layers. For what layers are needed, I think everyone understands. Before the list of layers there are buttons with which you can look at wet areas, moisten or dry the layer. Below the list of layers is the selection of the color and texture of the paper on which you draw, with the possibility of adding your own version to the set of pre-installed ones. The rest of the work with layers is usual: add, hide, combine, transparency, type of overlay.